Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Blog Entry One

Set Up
To set up the MicroAquarium, there were already prepared materials.  These included a pre-made plexiglass slide, a base to stand it up, and a cap.  We started out by putting a coded set of stickers on the aquarium, so we could identify each of our own.

Water Source
The water source I used in my aquarium was from the Holston River.  This is along the John Sevier Highway, underneath the I40 Bridge. (McFarland, 2013)

Plants
I added two types of plants.  The first was Utricularia Gibba from Spain lake, Camp Bella.  The second was from the Holton River, and was called Fontinalis Sp.  (McFarland, 2013)

Organisms
There were two different organisms that I viewed.  The first one I couldn't identify.  It moved very quickly, and never slowed down enough for me to see it.  The second is what our instructor called a rotifer.  It was a semi-transparent organism, with one end being the mouth.  It was worm like in my opinion.  It hung out around the mosses.  


McFarland, Kenneth [Internet] Botany 111 Fall 2013. [cited 11/5/2013]. Available from http://botany1112013.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment