Monday, November 18, 2013

Blog Entry 5

Today during my observation I found another rotifer.  I decided to look more in depth on what a rotifer is and this is what I discovered.  Rotifers are some of the more common microorganisms that are found in just about any source of fresh water.  According to Science Daily, they can be free swimming and truly planktonic, or move in an inchworm manner (Science Daily, 2013).  Also I wanted this to be kind of a wrap up for all of the blog posts.  I have here another picture of the flatworm and its development.




Here is another picture of the whole thing



And a close up of the moss and how much it has grown.



Science Daily [Internet] Rotifers [cited 11/18/2013]
Available at:  http://www.sciencedaily.com/articles/r/rotifer.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment